Here are some useful examples of software development projects that may qualify for R&D tax relief:
- creating bespoke software for new projects or creating new functionality for existing R&D projects;
- adapting or creating extensions to database software, programming languages, or operating systems;
- software development tools, such as tools to port data across platforms, tools for image processing or character recognition;
- innovative methods of capturing, transmitting, manipulating, and protecting data;
- software to run new computer hardware;
- software to run on devices with pre-installed operating systems, such as handheld GPS, mobile phones, and tablets; or,
- means of integrating hardware and software platforms.